Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Weekender

I just got home from a short east coast trip and I didn't have time to post this before I left. This is my "weekender" travel look. Everything is pretty casual, I like to be comfortable for the plane ride and it's nice to wear stuff that doesn't need to stay super pressed. A few wrinkles in this look wont kill you. I also thought that this outfit was a little boring so I threw the cardigan around my shoulders for a little extra detail. The duffle bag is something that I found on the street on the way to the coffee shop one morning. Little treasures like this are exactly why I love living in San Francisco, one mans trash is another mans treasure. Normally picking stuff up off the street in SF is pretty sketchy but I love bags and I noticed that it had a "Made in Japan" tag and I couldn't pass it up. This outfit is also interesting because almost everything that I am wearing is something that I bought while on a trip. The button up was purchased when I was in Montpellier, France and the chinos were purchased when I was in Melbourne, Australia. These two items could have been purchased anywhere but it is fun when your clothes come with a story and a memory.


Top to Bottom:

Glasses - LA Eye Works

Cardigan - Forever 21 (I blame this on Madeline)

Button Up - Ralph Lauren

Pants - Dr. Denim Chino

Shoes - Vintage Mens Oxfords

Bag - Vintage Japanese Duffle


No comments: