Wednesday, March 9, 2011

JOSHU+VELA

My friend Noah started Joshu+Vela a while back and his line is growing a lot this year. I love supporting companies that still make everything by hand in America and that fact that they are able to do all of this in San Francisco is even better. I have had the privilege of working with him both in the studio and in front of the camera. He is an amazing guy and I look forward to collaborating with him more in the future.

Here is a little about info that I snagged of their site:

"Joshu+Vela designs and hand-makes totes, backpacks and wallets using USA grown and woven organic canvas, leathers, and natural dyes. We exist to highlight the beauty of function by creating simple and well made goods that are built to grow more beautiful with age and wear. All of our bags are made entirely in our studio in San Francisco. Every part of the make process occurs within our doors from cutting, sewing, and finishing leather to hammering rivets."

See the full line here.


1 comment:

Krainne Hoge said...

Great accessories! The line reminds me of the Roots Leather collection, which has a very similar backstory. It's all made in the Toronto factory by hand...some of the stitchers and cutters have been employed there for close to 30 years! Great blog. So glad I've been introduced to it. xoxo Kristen http://www.saskouture.blogspot.com